Monday, January 5, 2009

Welcome 2009

Excuse the fact that I'm a few days behind. Ava has cold and being that this is her first time ever being sick...daddy and I are a little over sensitive to her every waking need. Plus when you can't blow your own nose it makes it very hard to breath (at least I can only imagine)...poor thing!

Happy New Year Everyone!


I'm predicting 2009 to be quite an exciting year for the Bartlett's. Our little girl will most likely be taking her first steps, learning to crawl (and yes I do believe it will happen in that order), turning one, and so much more! We are looking forward to every minute of it. Plus with my extended family we will have a wedding (Hanna and Andrew) and a new baby (Winnie and Kenny). How exciting to be a part of these new adventures.
Edit - Make that 2 weddings and a new baby...Congrats to Whitney and Eric!!! They just got engaged while in Colorado!!!

As with every year there comes lots of new goals and planning (of course I do this on a monthly basis as most of you know but I'll just bore you this once). Here is what I am looking to achieve in 2009:
- Communicate better with my husband. Of course, Bart's first response to this was, do you think we don't communicate well. I think we communicate wonderfully but I think there is always room for improvement, especially since it is such an important part of a relationship.

- Grow as a family (not necessarily in number) – work towards a goal of what our family truly means and wants from life.

- Watch Ava shine at every moment – continue to make her our priority and shape our lives to embrace all of the “little” special moments. This may also include shaping ourselves into the parents we want and need to be.

- Spend more time with friends. Break out of the normal everyday routine to enjoy the company of close friends.

- Lose the baby weight - I am hoping to do this by training for a half marathon. I will be running one in April. Wish me luck...it's been 4 years since I ran the last one.

Hmmmm...I think that's all for now.

What are you looking forward to in 2009?????

(sorry to all of you who check the blog for pics of Ava, this post is picture free. But don't worry we'll be back soon with more pics)

4 comments:

The Hoags said...

Ok, you have officially made me feel lame with my goals...I'm learning how to make bread and clean my house and you are "shaping your future". Maybe I need to think more deeply!!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to see more babies! Pretty Please!

Tara said...

Mr or Mrs Anonymous,
please post your name!

Trey said...

I couln't blow my own nose till I was 18... or at least didn't want to.

My goal for '09 is whoop your butt in that half marathon. Do you want to go for a run sometime this week before I go back to school?