

Yes, it's true 8 months already. Hard to believe.
Ava has been feeling under the weather lately so I don't have a lot of new pics since Christmas but I managed to get a few this morning.
What's New This Month
Weighs 17 lbs 7 oz. (I only know this because they weighed her at the doctor on Saturday when we went for her cold)
Waving good - bye and hello. In fact when I picked her up from my mom's last night. She immediately starting waving good-bye to grandma as soon as she saw me. Smart cookie, she's figured out that when I get there it's time to go.
Giving kisses - albeit, french kisses and very slobbery at that. It's too cute!
Walking - no, not by herself but she loves to grab our hands, pull herself up and just cruise around. No crawling yet but is really close. She gets on all fours and maybe move a little but no actually crawling. But she does get to where she needs to go...I can't really describe how she gets there, she just does. Also, loves to stand. Her new toys help with that. Bart and I have often let her be a little too independent and therefore she has taken a couple of spills...but it's all good! We also lowered the crib because she is trying to pull up on things.
She's still a great eater - we've pretty much made it through all the fruits, veggies, and most meats. I try to make most of the fruits and veggies, I'm having a hard time with how to do meats. Oh and I just remembered...she loves "puffs". They are like cheerios for beginners, little pieces that melt in the mouth so they don't choke. At first we were breaking them into pieces for her and now she eats the whole thing and even picks it up herself!
Next month we go back to the doctor for her 9 month well visit. So we'll see what that brings.

1 comment:
Tara thank you so much for your blog, I Love keeping up with Ava.
Aunt Joan
Post a Comment