Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yes, this is late! Really, late!
I've had a hard time sitting down to write this lengthy post!
So prepare yourselves - I've got a lot to say!

Let's start by discussing the end of 2010. December was a rollercoaster month for the Bartlett's. It began with a bang - a job offer which would include a move across the country. Bart was offered a position with his company in Winston-Salem, NC. After much thought, we decided to take the offer. This will allow me to be a SAHM - which has always been our ultimate goal. While we are nervous about the move and all that it entails, we are also very excited about this opportunity and really do feel it is right for our family. We have prayed about it and feel this is the path God is leading us down. Bart starts the new position on Jan 31 (yes, very soon!). Since we have our house to sell, Ava and I are going to stick around St. Charles a little longer. Hoping that we join daddy by March. My last day of work is Feb 11.

Amongst all the final decisions for the big move, we also found out we were pregnant (something we were very excited about). I had a positive pregnancy test on a Saturday (actually, the first Saturday in December). On that following Tuesday (the day before we were to leave for Trey's OCS graduation), I could tell something was wrong. This led to a lengthy conversation with the on call doctor (my doctor was out of town) and eventually to a ER visit. Long story short the pregnancy was not a viable pregnancy - I was having a miscarriage. What an emotional rollercoaster! Like I said we were to be traveling the next day to Wash DC/Virginia and decided to still go. I know myself and knew being with family and keeping busy was best for my mental state. And I was right. The weekend was a good distraction even though it was a little uncomfortable. The whole thing was a hard and emotional experience. Even though I know that the miscarriage happened for a reason, it was still difficult to deal with. Plus my body felt out of whack for quite awhile, which was a hard process. I think the hardest part will be getting pregnant again because I think I will have a fear of it happening again.

The rest of December was busy with the holidays. We travelled to Athens the weekend before Christmas and then spent Christmas and New Years in St. Charles.

The first of January our house went on the market so we spent the week after Christmas preparing the house. Let's hope it all pays off. We've had several showings but no offer yet! Keep your fingers crossed!

Now, as January comes to an end we are preparing for Bart's departure. Next month is going to be tough! Being away from Bart will be hard on all of us but we're trying to look at the big picture and realize that it is tempory.

So with all of that said - Happy New Year! We welcome 2011 and all that it brings. Last year I made some lofty resolutions, but this year I'm having a hard time focusing in since there are so many unknowns. Instead, I will embrace our new adventure with an open mind.

I am so excited about the though of being a SAHM. I know it will bring many, many challenges. After all, I'm going from working full time in a town with lots of family close by to a SAHM in a town where I know no one. That alone will be difficult. Then put a 2 and a half year old with lots of spunk on top of it and it could be very interesting. I envision a few head to head battles along our way but I also expect to learn a lot from that spunky girl! I think she has a lot to teach me about being not only a mom, but also a person. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Miracle Monster Mommy said...

Wow Tara - so much going on with your family. I am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. I had one when we were trying for Blake and I know it is hard no matter how far along you are.
I am really excited for your move to NC and getting to be a SAHM! I tell ya, I have been one for 6 years and it has been the hardest, but most rewarding and greatest job I have had!
Many hugs and prayers with all your happenings!!
Carissa