Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

I almost forgot this week's memory...but luckily I got it in just in time.

Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I thought I would share a memory from 4 years ago. Valentine's Day 2005 Bart and I went up to the mountains in Georgia for a few days and stayed in a cabin away from everything. We were living in Auburn at the time but had been interviewing and looking for a place to start our life together. We were engaged and planning our wedding for October of that year. We had a great getaway, the mountains were beautiful (even though it rained most of the time we were there) and on our way back to Auburn I got the phone call that we had been waiting for. The call was from a company I had interviewed with several months before but hadn't heard from them for quite awhile. The person who called asked how quickly I could be in St. Louis...they wanted to hire me and wanted me there fast. Now St. Louis wasn't the only place we had been looking for jobs. We wanted to be close to at least one of our families so we applied and looked for jobs in both areas. We determined where ever we both got jobs would be our destination. This phone call was the first part of our sign, I had a job. And it just so happened T-Mobile in St. Louis was in need of manager, perfect! In the next month Bart transferred to St. Louis with T-Mobile, we packed up all of our stuff, and drove north. By March 14, one month after the phone call, we were living in St. Charles (my hometown, right outside of St. Louis). We have been here ever since. Bart has adjusted wonderfully and I am so thankful that he was willing to make the move!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rt. He is truly a sweetheart and I pray he continues to find his own happiness here without his family close. It was very easy to adopt him into ours. Love Joan